Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Blood Clot that Wasn't

That's right...I don't have a blood clot (see previous post, if you have the time to read a novel).  I never had a blood clot.  Apparently I have some "post-operative changes" that masqueraded as a blood clot on the ultrasound.  From the MRI though, they could see that there is no blood clot.  And according to my oncologist, there is nothing there that is anything to be concerned about.

Of course I asked "are you sure?" about a dozen times.  Because the radiologist most certainly told me I had a blood clot.  I was assured, with a great amount of patience, that there is definitely not a blood clot.  There is nothing of any concern.  No medication/procedure necessary.

So why don't I feel relieved?

I guess I feel a little relieved.  But not as relieved as I thought I would feel.  I guess this was all just a little too much after the year that I've had.  Some added PTSD.  So I'm just accepting that that's where I'm at right now, and using my teachings and tools...I'll return soon enough.

In the meantime, my fingers are starting to itch for my knotting tool...

No comments: