Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Mala fit for a Guru

 

My beautiful yoga sisters have asked to see pictures of this mala, which I created for my Guru, Yogi Amrit Desai (we affectionately call him Gurudev).  It is gold tiger's eye and red tiger's eye, hand knotted on gold silk thread, with a poppy jasper Guru bead.  As I knotted my Guru's mala, I chanted the Gayatri Mantra along with beautiful Amma's CD, as well as Hara Hara Gurudeva, and of course the Guru Mantra of our Lineage.  The love that went into this mala cannot be described...normally when I create a mala I can feel the loving energy coursing through me right into the mala, but this was nearly a loving pranic explosion!  I was so blessed to be able to give it to him personally while he was here at Omega in July, the day my beautiful sister and I picked him up, along with his daughter Kamini, from the airport.  To my complete and utter delight and surprise, he immediately placed it around his neck, asked if it was real tiger's eye (it is) and admired the knotting...words could not express my joy.  In another post I'll write more about the miracle of spending a yoga nidra week with him and Kamini as I found out about the cancer diagnosis.

I also created a special wrist mala for Kamini, who I am so blessed to have in my life as a teacher and mentor, I love her so.


Amethyst, Dogtooth Amethyst and Silver Om for Kamini


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so wonderful to hear all about this great time with your Guru. I had no idea about your news, obviously. But I did already know that you're a beautiful, strong person. Kajal, please keep it up :) Thinking of you! xo from your etsy friend, cat