Friday, October 14, 2011

A Very Special Birthday Celebration

This month, my beloved Gurudev, Yogi Amrit Desai, will turn 79.  There is a special retreat event this weekend at the Amrit Yoga Institute (his ashram) to celebrate his birthday.  Some of it will be broadcast live on UStream, I will share the schedule here.  Go here to access the UStream Channel at the event time.  The name of the UStream channel is called "Chandrakant", named for Gurudev's devoted disciple of many years and a senior teacher at the Amrit Yoga Institute, who makes the streaming possible (Jai Chandrakant!).

Here is the schedule:

LIVE INTERNET BROADCAST SCHEDULE E.S.T.
- Friday October 14 - 10:00 a.m. to noon Gurudev
- Saturday October 15 - 10:00 a.m. to noon Gurudev
- Saturday October 15 - 2:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Dr. Vijay Jain on Ayurveda
- Saturday October 15 - 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Satsang and Celebration
- Sunday October 16 - 10:00 a.m. to noon Gurudev

I was able to watch his darshan this morning, and oh how it lifted my spirits to see and hear Gurudev and feel like I was sitting in the room there with him, a room that is truly home for me.  Hopefully I will be back there very soon, and I will be watching all weekend!

Happy Birthday Gurudev, thank you so much for sharing with me the teachings and tools that have made living this life so much easier...you are the ever present light in my heart that will shine always.

Jai Gurudev!

Yogi Amrit Desai ~ Gurudev
Courtesy of The Amrit Yoga Institute

No comments: